Friday, July 12, 2013

I Thought This Would Be A Quick Post!

I originally named this post A Quick Post, but as you will see, I had to change it!!

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep, AGAIN, ugh!  It was probably after midnight and then at some point in the middle of the night my littlest, SB, came in for something which I can't remember.  In my fog I convinced her to go back to bed and I was probably back asleep before she left my room.  Poor girl, she just wanted her Mommy and I was too tired to get my but up!  (But in my defense, SB, gets out of her bed a lot in the middle of the night for various reasons and I don't want her thinking she can just jump in my bed whenever she wants!  As much as I would love to snuggle her all night (and there are times when I just can't fight her anymore and she makes her way into the middle of us for the rest of the night), I can't sleep with the kiddos in my bed!  And The Hunster and I decided that we would make our bed a No Kid Zone! Although, if he is out of town or already up for the day, bring on the kids... well at least one of them!  Oh, Goodness, I just got very sidetracked there.  Moving on!

 My alarm went off at 6:30 and I barely remember hearing it!  I know I hit snooze a few times instead of turning it off!  (Way to go, ME!) So I got up a little after 7AM and dragged myself to the bathroom.  I got undressed and saw that scale staring at me... I stepped on it and I was down another 1 lb!  Wahoo!  So, I got dressed and made my way to the front door and got stopped by middle child, EB.  In her sweetest little voice, which she does NOT use very often, she said, "Mommy, can I go run with you?"  So so so so so so sweet!  I could have just taken her back to my bed and snuggled her all morning!  (Which is a very rare thing for EB to do!)  As that thought crossed my mind, I had to remind myself that I was doing this to be better for her and the other two.  So, I explained to her that I had to go by myself, but when she got bigger she could start going with me! 

So still exhausted, I headed out the door.  Turned on my Ease Into 5K app and started my workout.  I am on Week 3 of this app.  And I just realized as I typed that, that this was the farthest I have ever gone with this app before!  Wow!  You start with a 5 minute warm up and end with a 5 minute cool down.  This is what the rest of today's work out looked like:


Surprisingly the first half of it was quite easy.  I was all.. I got this!!!  But then I had to turn around and head back home!  What I realized was that most of my run/walks were downhill!!!  So the way back I had to go mostly uphill!!  Good Lawd!  I had to walk through one of my runs at the very end, but I am okay with that.  I know (at least I hope) that I will not be in this stage forever.  One day I will actually be able to run a whole 3 miles without stopping.  The good news is I finished and I survived and I am better for it!  I may have to do Week 3 again next week.  I would really like to be able to master this week before I move on to Week 4.  The Hunster seems to think I am Super Woman and that I will be able to do Week 4, but I'm thinking SLOW AND STEADY!!  (BTW, Week 4 has you running for 6 minutes at a time!  Yikes!)  You know, as I think about it, I actually completed the whole thing yesterday without stopping.
Here are my reasons that I think I was not able to do it completely today:
1. Not enough sleep.
2. More humidity than yesterday.
3. Yesterday my walk pace was slow and I tried to pick up the pace, which may have tired me out for my runs.
4.  And #3 also means that I was going a little faster in the beginning so when I turned around half way I was farther out than yesterday which means I had to conquer more hills on the way back than yesterday. 
5.  I need to drink more water.  I do drink water, but not nearly enough as I would like to.  Sounds like a challenge today! 


This is me after my run! 
Look at me Glisten!  (You know southern girls don't sweat!!)
 
I am so happy about all the love I have been getting on FB!  I think I am up to almost 30 likes!  I even had a comment on my blog post yesterday!  So excited! 

Well happy Friday and happy weekend to everyone!  I hope you do something fun and active with your family this weekend.  Between all the birthday parties, my plan is to take the kids to the pool.  We have also been trying to do family walks, hikes, or bike rides every weekend.  I am excited about these memories we are building for my kids! 



No comments:

Post a Comment